Friday, November 25, 2005

Miles to go before i stop....

I went to college for Sangam 2005, in Trichy. As usual, I rode down there in my motorcycle. It was a ride of about 800 kms, one way.

I stopped over at Chennai for a rest overnight, and I went over to Trichy the next day. There was supposed to be a dance party that night, and many of my old friends were there. And my Thunderbird, rechristened as The Zahir, was the center of attention in the college, as no one had ridden a motorcycle like that ever before.

Girls wanted a ride in it. And many more were just watching, not able to understand why I had ridden down for 800 kms, and spent 2000 rupees for the one way ride, when I could have been present there by traveling in a train, and spending 1000 rupees on a two-way fare.

But little do they know. Riding solves many mysteries for me, and solves many a problem too, like depressions. It is the stimulant that I need to imagine, which would otherwise have to be substituted by a person. Now you all know how difficult it is for me to find the sort of people who can communicate with me! Ya, I admit I am difficult.

When one takes a ride, or a trip for that matter, there starts a new scenario. A new perspective to the days ahead. You have to be at this place by this time. Your bike is getting heated up, so you need to stop. You are feeling sleepy, but all you can do is ride faster. There are those pedestrians and buffaloes that you have to keep dodging. It’s a new set of problems, and a new life for a short period.

Its amazing for the people who do the same thing day in and day out, it starts as a passing thought. I heard of somebody who is a biker. But I will never be one, though I would like to do something like that once in a while.

How many of us will do the extraordinary, for a change if not for anything else? How many of us dare to work for that? I am not too good too!

Somewhere, riding to some place is a great escape for me. I can escape from a rude conductor, an old bureaucratic railway employee, and haggling autowalas and so many other things that people can cause to individual's psyche. I would rather stop at someplace for a smoke where there are green paddy fields on both sides of the road, and lilies lining the road, and there would be no traffic, and I can relax, with no human pretensions and no responsibilities.

It feels like god being so careless. Flaunting life, like its not mine, and thinking like a man who just escaped from a life sentence. With every moment being my last, every breath being my first, and every turn being a decision decided by fate, and every maneuver being the divine grace of God. And I know, there are miles to go before I stop…

1 Comments:

Blogger Prashanth said...

i feel the same way too soemtimes.. this is very different from ur previous blog. really enjoyed reading it. maybe its good that ur neither inspired or depressed :))

4:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home