Monday, February 27, 2006

Lost!

This morning, I was awake early in the morning, and decided to go out on a ride. I did not have plan beforehand. So I decided just to rove the highway out of Vijayawada.

It was about 6.30 am in the morning. There was some dew, moist air, a little bit chill, and the sun was just breaking through those clouds and mists. There is this awe in the beholder, when the night makes way for some brilliance, which then again becomes constant as the day wears on. The amamzing radiance on the brow. The heart is more optimstic suddenly at this stimulus.

There was this road stretching in front of me. Straight. I could see for miles ahead. My eyes were glaring. I was not going fast. Then I found myself singing the song “Senthalam poovil….”…… goose pimples to think that I was singing such a tribute to Nature, unconsciously.

That was when I started doing speed. I had done some 20 kms, I wanted to go on straight ahead, maybe home, maybe somewwhere else, wherever the road would take me. But I knew the reality, I had to be back, shave, wash and go to work. The wanderer in me called me today, but the means of my living defied his free spirit.

Man was born a wanderer. He will want to run towards destiny, toward the unknown where it lies. For what we have seen and felt are but a drop in the great ocean that churns out life.

Venturing out is an instinctual drive, just like hunger, sex and self preservation. But it is the easiest to deny to oneself. A man who steals for a living would not steal anywhere other than his small town. But he will eat, no matter what, when really hungry!

The road will always lie right beneath our feet. It takes but a step with consciousness to go out and be the road to destiny. We could choose otherwise. Stand on the pavement, and watch as people speed away somewhere, God knows where.

We actually manage to get lost without going anywhere.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Comments:

Blogger Santhosh said...

Hey, I find the post something similar to what I'm reading right now....

Its a classic!

8:45 PM  
Blogger Hari Prasad Srinivasan said...

dei mama leaving for bangalore in a week da.......Anyways, nice post....
B cool
|...|

8:27 PM  
Blogger Vinod said...

Thats interesting...another Vinod with a motorcycle blog with the same title!! Nice blog...ride safe!

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home